Since my posts are so far and few in between.. I am gonna stop making excuses. This is my next post ;).
I wanted to talk about Books this time and the habit of reading. Ironically, I never read fiction when I was young, my reading was restricted to Text books(:|), Comics and Magazines! I started off in my college second year with the Sidney Sheldon thriller - "If Tomorrow comes". Then came a group of Sidney Sheldon books and loads of M & B's. In the hostel, you got a M & B from almost anybody! When taking it, I used to ask.. "How is it?"!! :) To be fair to the authors, I think most of them had/have similar plots ;).Strange!!
And then I got the reading bug, so to say. Shifted to John Grisham after that. I liked his court room related stuff. I actually had two of his books gifted for my Birthday one year. My friends not sure which book of his was good consulted our Batch topper for the title. I must admit, my friend looked more excited at talking to him rather than celebrating my birthday :D.
Anyway, I continued with this habit in Hyderabad as well. There, I grabbed my first copy of Harry Potter and the rest is history. Refer to my earlier post which talks about my obsession for the Harry Potter series! I also managed to read Ayn Rand's master pieces - Atlas Shrugged and The Fountain Head. Besides all of this, I have also read my share of Self Help books ;).
So what kinda book fascinates me..thats a question I have no clear answer. I like books which stimulate me. Until now, I have enjoyed books that have had humour, have discussed some strong ideas or have been informative.
I intend to carry on.. Next on my list is P.G.Wodehouse, Management books and Autobiographies..
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment