Close on the heels of my post about avoiding hurtful words, I relate an incident that deserves an heartfelt apology and served as a good, though painful lesson for me.
In my third year of college, I went through some emotionally tough times. It was the sense of loneliness and a feeling of being unwanted in the group.
During this time, I believe I spoke some hurtful words to one of my closest friend. In hindsight, I am not sure I wanted to hurt her.. it was just that I was feeling too miserable and dumped all my frustration on her :(.
I have since apologized to her for those times.. but the incident has never ceased to affect me. This is the thing with hurtful words.. it affects you as much as the person at the receiving end!
Off late, I see these inane stories and TV soaps reeling out dialogue.. people hurt only those they love.. something like endorsing all that nonsense being dished out! I find that hard to accept and doubt its acceptable to anybody in real life.. I think I shall settle for avoiding the words... I don't think I can survive the guilt of having said it to someone!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment