I seriously need a crash course on how to give titles to my "posts". Off late, some of the titles I have given are way awful.. and I believe this one is too..! :(
Anyway, thanks to the new Tata connection at home, the movie I have managed to catch in bits and pieces( on Doordarshan no less!) in the last few days is "Guru", directed by Maniratnam. Its a nice movie with brilliant screenplay and music.. But it made me curious to go and read up a bit about the Dhirubhai Ambani and I found this beautiful quote of his,
"Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India."
I believe this is a very meaningful sentence and something we should follow all our lives. I often "restrict" myself thinking of some existant or non-existant constraints.. what will people think if I do this etc? Who cares! How much do we care about what Mr.X or Ms.Y is doing? And why would they be any different, why will they think about what I am going to do.. Why should I stop myself from thinking big..
This reminds of an incident in my life. In the first six months of my job, we went on a Team Building workshop for 2 days at ICRISAT. The instructor was a doctor, a pyschiatrist.. if I remember right. The group of people were split into two groups and for one exercise, my group had to wait outside while the other group completed its task. While we were filing out, the Dr came to the door and called me.. And then he said... "Don't hold yourself.. you are good in what you are doing... Let go!". Immediately, I went on the defensive and said.. "No No.., I am not.. blah blah blah"! He heard me out, smiled and went back. Now, I think he was right.. I probably restrict myself a bit.. and its time to "Let go" and not worry too much about the consequences.. I am not that dumb also :|
So, its time to let go, dream big and work harder on it ! :)
Incidentally, this has been a distressing week as such. Two people on whom I had invested quite a bit of my energy and effort quit.. at the same time! They insist its not intentional or planned for them to be going at the same time.. and I tend to believe it. Anyway, it means I have to chart a new beginning with new folks anytime soon.. Hopefully, I am more prepared this time round and I don't commit the same mistakes I did the last time ;)
Thats about it.. Again "Let go" is my new mantra!
B
1 comment:
Hi Poosh! It was a great experience reading your posts..really nice articles :).
Post a Comment